Most patients in the early stages of gum disease don't even know they have it. Signs of gum disease may not appear until the disease has advanced to a point that will require you to undergo more invasive treatment to get your smile healthy again.
However, you can be on the lookout for these symptoms of gum disease:
- Loose teeth or teeth separating from each other
- Mouth pain - including swollen and red gums
- Receding gums
- Excessive bleeding after brushing and flossing your teeth
- Mouth sores
- Consistent bad breath that doesn't respond to traditional treatment, like mouthwash
- Noticeable pus between your teeth and gums
- Your partial dentures aren't fitting securely anymore
- A change in the way you bite or the way your teeth fit together
Gum disease hurts millions of people each year and many don't even know they don't have this serious condition until it has advanced to a point that requires treatment by a dentist.
Worried About Gum Disease? Dr. Khattab Can Help!
If you're concerned you might be seeing the signs of gum disease, schedule an appointment with Lorton Town Dental today. We can assess your symptoms and create a treatment plan specialized to your dental needs.