Do chipped, stained, or misshapen teeth make you self-conscious about your smile? Dental veneers from our Lorton, VA cosmetic dentist clinic are one of the simplest, most effective ways to help transform your smile.
Dental veneers cover imperfections in your teeth, helping to create a perfect smile. Veneers are designed to look like natural teeth, so your smile can shine without a lot of intensive dental treatment or tooth pain. If you’re ready to stop feeling self-conscious when you smile, dental veneers could be the solution you've been looking for.
Are Dental Veneers Right For Your Smile?
Dental veneers are often the right choice for patients who have:
- Receding Gums
- Misshapen teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Gap(s) between teeth
- Grey or discolored teeth
Over the years, teeth can become stained, chipped, and damaged - even if you brush, floss, and have regular checkups. Everyday activities like eating and drinking can eventually degrade the enamel of the teeth. Dental veneers are an ideal cosmetic dentistry approach to restoring your smile's appearance.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are cosmetic dental restorations that cover the front surface of a single tooth or of multiple teeth. These thin covers, usually made of porcelain, are adhered to your teeth in order to improve their shape and/or protect them from damage. At Lorton Town Dental we offer three different types of dental veneers:
- Porcelain Dental Veneers: Porcelain veneers can be an excellent solution if your teeth are crooked, chipped, stained, or have gaps in between them. Veneers are applied to the front of your teeth to provide a whiter, flawless smile. Dental veneers do require some tooth preparation, but our cosmetic dentists are gentle and will discuss the best options for preserving your healthy teeth with you.
- Composite Dental Veneers: This type of dental veneer is made from a composite material instead of porcelain. Like traditional porcelain veneers, the composite veneers are bonded to the front surface of your teeth. This type of veneer typically doesn't last quite as long as porcelain veneers do and can be slightly more prone to chipping over time. However, composite dental veneers can be an ideal solution to restore your smile at a lower initial cost.
- Lumineers: Lumineers are much thinner than traditional veneers and don't require our cosmetic dentists to remove any of your tooth's enamel before application. This type of dental veneer is designed to cover the front of your tooth the same way composite and porcelain veneers do, but Lumineers are not as invasive and are made of ceramic.
Will Veneers Damage My Teeth?
Definitely not! This is a common question many patients have about dental veneers. Veneers will not damage your teeth as long as your treatment is completed by a trained cosmetic dentist. To prepare your teeth for a traditional dental veneer, we will need to remove about 1/2 millimeter of enamel from the surface of your tooth. This is nearly equal to the thickness of your veneers.
Our dental team will use a local anesthetic to numb the area before removing this small amount of enamel to make sure you're as comfortable as possible. If you choose Lumineers to brighten your smile, no enamel will be removed from your teeth at all.
How Much Do Dental Veneers Cost?
The simple answer to how much dental veneers cost is this: it depends. Just like with any dental procedure, there are numerous factors that can influence the cost of dental veneers. We can provide you an accurate estimate after a consultation at Lorton Town Dental.
Considerations can include:
- The skills and equipment needed to apply veneers to your teeth
- The brand and type of veneers used
- The number and size of the veneers you need
- Dental insurance coverage (some insurances cover part of your veneer treatment or have a waiting period for eligibility)
If you’re concerned about the cost of dental veneers, call our Lorton dental practice to schedule your consultation with one of our cosmetic dentists. A consultation allows us to spend time with you so we can truly understand your oral health goals and financial considerations, while presenting you with the best possible information about dental veneers. Whether you’re on a budget or aren’t sure if your dental insurance covers the cost of veneers, we have a variety of financing plans available to you.
Schedule Your Dental Veneers Consultation At Lorton Town Dental Today!
Book a consultation with one of our Lorton cosmetic dentists to get the answers you need about cosmetic dentistry options and to determine if dental veneers could be the best choice for your smile!